Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the rapidly dwindling numbers of posts on RBR, I don't think the "two minute limit" is in their best interests.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
I check out other NNC sites in between posts. Sometimes I forget to come back to this one.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
I post every couple weeks, or months... seems to help me avoid the issue.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Given the rapidly dwindling numbers
Are there statistics to back up this premise, or is it just your impression. It is not mine, though it may be true.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's an anti-spambot measure.
yeah I know why, but it still annoys me. It takes me 6 minutes to make 3 posts...at my hourly rate, I am losing money. Well I would if I was getting paid to post here!

·
gazing from the shadows
27,288 Posts
yeah I know why, but it still annoys me. It takes me 6 minutes to make 3 posts...at my hourly rate, I am losing money. Well I would if I was getting paid to post here!
I hear you, and agree. The technical side of things here is, well, crap. Old, barely functional crap, imo.

That's the downside of hanging out in a ghost town.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
what if i told you that you could use that time between posts to fulfill your true destiny?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,284 Posts
huh? wha? Am I posting from a better corner of cyber space? what are you dudes talking about?

·
gazing from the shadows
27,288 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Does that mean they no longer ban members for calling idiots idiots?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does that mean they no longer ban members for calling idiots idiots?
If the shoe fits brother!
1000 posts over 2 months, from 8 1/2 years ago?

Yep. Seems like I do remember it, upon a quick skim. Memetic thread, where the content ensured it would continue forever unless stopped.

It is weird how much of those old threads I remember, when I look.
You were the one who pounded the aspen stake through its heart! I did manage to get the last post in before you did though.

huh? wha? Am I posting from a better corner of cyber space? what are you dudes talking about?
hell man you post once every 2 weeks!

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
Given the rapidly dwindling numbers of posts on RBR, I don't think the "two minute limit" is in their best interests.
I dont think the two-minute rule is hurting the number of RBR posts. There are two things in play here, I think. One, activity here always slows down when the weather starts to turn colder and less people are riding. Two, overall I think RBR activity has reduced compared to years back. They is purely based on anecdotal evidence. Perhaps interest in cycling has waned slightly as well in recent years??

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seems to me there were way more interesting posts in here in the 07'-08' era that can be attributed to a small handful of weirdos.
Why thank you

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is all the result of eliminating the PG forum. When they got rid of that, people bailed. :D
nah, they went to facebook because they decided the moderators here were too heavy handed and the format sucked. Personally, I prefer this format to facebook any day.with the right scripts and ad blocks this site is great I have absolutely no advertising on it at all on my computers. Mobile pretty much sucks for almost everything EXCEPT facebook

1 - 20 of 23 Posts