Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an isue with getting dust and dirt in my eyes while riding. I have alopecia, which means I have no eye lashes. Right now I use Oakley Radar glasses. Does anyone know of a brand that gives better coverage?

G

·
tyro said:
I have an isue with getting dust and dirt in my eyes while riding. I have alopecia, which means I have no eye lashes. Right now I use Oakley Radar glasses. Does anyone know of a brand that gives better coverage?

Find a pair of Rudy Project Kerosenes.

They wrap around further.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
I'm really happy with my Rudy Rydons- which also have interchangeable lenses.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
Wiley X works well for me.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
Coverage depends on the shape of your face. You should try as many different kinds on as you can, looking for the model that has the closest fit for your face. What might work for me might leave a gap for you. And the wrong gap in the wrong spot can let the grit in.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CleavesF said:
Wiley X works well for me.
Thanks for the Wiley X tip. The sealed model looks like it might just be the one. I'm going to try a pair of these.

http://www.wileyx.com/EcommSuite/Pr...ode=566&ProductLine=611,JAKE&ItemCode=CCJAK07

dr hoo said:
Coverage depends on the shape of your face. You should try as many different kinds on as you can, looking for the model that has the closest fit for your face. What might work for me might leave a gap for you. And the wrong gap in the wrong spot can let the grit in.
Good point. The Oakleys that I have now fit well, but they certainly leave a gap for dust and debris to get in my eyes. I'm hopeful that the sealed Wiley X's will do the trick.

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
How about Oakley Pro M Frame with large Lens?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I looked all around for a pair that completely covered my eyes. Best pair I could find was Giro Havik full's. They are perfect for me. Best bet is it do as I did and check out as many kinds as you can to find your perfect pair.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jmlapoint said:
How about Oakley Pro M Frame with large Lens?
That could work too. I'm going to try the Wileys and then probably move back to some Oakleys with a wider lens. I know I can get some wider lenses for my Radars. I may try that before moving to the M's third. I like the Oakley optics, so I hope the Wileys are ok.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
tyro said:
That could work too. I'm going to try the Wileys and then probably move back to some Oakleys with a wider lens. I know I can get some wider lenses for my Radars. I may try that before moving to the M's third. I like the Oakley optics, so I hope the Wileys are ok.
Hey no problem.

My Wiley's saved my eyes last weekend when I got involved in a crash. Good thing I only have to replace one lens, but for that ~22 MPH tumble during my race, I sure was glad I had them on.

Personally I figured ballistic glasses, if anything, should be the best to protect your eyes in any situations. I can't see myself buy non-ballistic glasses/goggles when you get near the $100+ price range.

If you want to see a pic of them after the crash, just ask. I might as well plug another good recommendation for my Bell Sweep R... :D

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jtw1n said:
I looked all around for a pair that completely covered my eyes. Best pair I could find was Giro Havik full's. They are perfect for me. Best bet is it do as I did and check out as many kinds as you can to find your perfect pair.
Ok, I'll look into those too. They do look like they provide a lot of coverage.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
i would try the pitch or range lens in your radar frame, they are signifigantly larger than path, which is what i am guessing you have?

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Go to an office or store that specializes in sports vision or sunglasses and try on a bunch of different pairs. Find ones that fit your face, nose and eyes and doesn't slide down your nose easily.

Don't forget to blink either. Blinking washes away debris and reestablishes the tear film.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
I have a small face/head and had problems getting wrap-arounds to fit. I finally got Bolle Parole, have been using them for 4 years now and love them....Customer service was heat too when I needed new nosepads and temple "rubbers"

·
mad11:11one
222 Posts

oakley radar path red iridium

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have a pair of Performance Bike brand Radial II's with perscriptions. Came with three lenses, and stable frames for under $80. They're not similar to M-Frames, but close enough for full face coverage.

I've had them for several weeks now, using them every day. I like them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts