Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sweet deal @ $1979.10 (with current 10% discount). Pinarello Galileo (Aluminum frame with carbon seat stays/fork, Ultegra 10 group, wheelset Shimano R550. I do not believe they will last long at that price.Pinarello is one of my favorite frame builders for their attention to detail, and superb quality and craftmanship.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10% off original price.

Bigheadbaje said:
What is the current 10% for Glory cycles?This looks like a fantastic deal!!!!!!!
Yes indeed! This sale is the 10% off the original price of US $2199.00. My wife has just loaded her "pistol" and is aiming at me if I dare order even a clincher tube she will shoot! (Just kidding, he!)

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10 % off.

Bigheadbaje said:
Waht I should've asked,is it an automatic discount or is there a code to enter?
Sorry, I forgot. Enter code "tenthousand" when ready to pay. Oh, and EVERYTHING in the store is 10% OFF!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, apparently I overlooked "Lumpy Tires" post regarding this great deal and coupon code. Thanks, Lumpy!

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
Anyone know the weight of that frameset??
i could be off here, but i seem to remember the answer i found to that questin was somewhere between 1350-1400 grams. again, i THINK that's it. i have a horrible memory :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
try feb10. I've noticed they often have a 10% off code that is the first 3 letters of the month and then 10. Good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Fantastic bikes. One thing to note, I am pretty sure these frames are made in asia as opposed to italy where the balance of the Pinarellos are made. Not that there's anything wrong with manufacturing in places like taiwan these days, they do a fantastic job...

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
You are correct.

snowbound said:
Fantastic bikes. One thing to note, I am pretty sure these frames are made in asia as opposed to italy where the balance of the Pinarellos are made. Not that there's anything wrong with manufacturing in places like taiwan these days, they do a fantastic job...
The new Galileos are made in Taiwan. Like you said, there is nothing wrong with that, except that when you buy one of the classic Italian frames such as Colnago, Pinarello, DeRosa, Guerciotti, Masi, et al, you would expect it to be made in Italy. Pin is now doing this and Colnago will start doing this (if they haven't already) for their lower end models. Masi is not the same Masi of old. All made in Taiwan. But this only matters if you are purest/traditionalist. Tawainese manufacturing is Outstanding and I would ride many of the new manufacturer's frames such as Kuota, Ridley, C-dale Synapse, Giant etc. hell, even my favorite MTB manufacturer of all time, Titus has shifted production to Taiwan to lower cost. Good deal for the consumer is that their frame prices have dropped significantly as well. It is all good. Ride ON!!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Ride-Fly said:
The new Galileos are made in Taiwan. Like you said, there is nothing wrong with that, except that when you buy one of the classic Italian frames such as Colnago, Pinarello, DeRosa, Guerciotti, Masi, et al, you would expect it to be made in Italy. Pin is now doing this and Colnago will start doing this (if they haven't already) for their lower end models. Masi is not the same Masi of old. All made in Taiwan. But this only matters if you are purest/traditionalist. Tawainese manufacturing is Outstanding and I would ride many of the new manufacturer's frames such as Kuota, Ridley, C-dale Synapse, Giant etc. hell, even my favorite MTB manufacturer of all time, Titus has shifted production to Taiwan to lower cost. Good deal for the consumer is that their frame prices have dropped significantly as well. It is all good. Ride ON!!!
Colnago has announced that manufacturing for certain lower-end models that are not intended for the US or Western European market will take place in Asia. These will still be Colnago designs done to Colnago specs.

People can make of the sourcing of different brands what they will. All sorts of specifications--material, design, finish, and quality control--may be up for grabs at one price or another.

As for Masi: "Made in Italy" hasn't necessarily always been an advantage here. Masi himself moved some of his production to California ages ago and some of the California Masis were built by very fine craftsmen and were, and are, very highly regarded. But there's a difference between Masi designs being executed in his way, by his people (Confente, etc.), in someplace other than Italy and what we have now; that is, the "Masi" label--a purchased trademark--being slapped on bikes that were not designed by anybody in the Masi family, much less Faliero. They may be fine or good or very good, but they're something else.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts