Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I feel it is in your best interest to check out www.glorycycles.com if you are interested in an on-line purchase. I do not work for them. I have received orders from them the past 2 weeks though. I am very happy. Their prices are competitive, customer service is great, they also do something most web-retailers don't do: let you choose your shipping method. If you want USPS priority, you can get it. FedEx/UPS, you can get it. They may reccomend a carrier that is cheaper for your purchase, but, you aren't forced to use any certain one. I like USPS the best because Priority mail gets a product to me in 2-3 days including Sat. UPS or Fed Ex can't do that for as cheap. Take a look around the site. They've got some neat items.

·
Banned
211 Posts
cydswipe said:
I feel it is in your best interest to check out www.glorycycles.com if you are interested in an on-line purchase. I do not work for them. I have received orders from them the past 2 weeks though. I am very happy. Their prices are competitive, customer service is great, they also do something most web-retailers don't do: let you choose your shipping method. If you want USPS priority, you can get it. FedEx/UPS, you can get it. They may reccomend a carrier that is cheaper for your purchase, but, you aren't forced to use any certain one. I like USPS the best because Priority mail gets a product to me in 2-3 days including Sat. UPS or Fed Ex can't do that for as cheap. Take a look around the site. They've got some neat items.
As soon as they have a sale let us know. I don't see anything about their prices which is eye opening.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks like they have a pretty decent selection. Question, if you know, does the website actually represent what they have in stock? I ordered from a place and then had to wait almost 3 weeks to get the item because they didn't actually have it in stock.

Thanks for the info

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good points.

I ordered some VisionTEch/FSA stuff that they had deals on a couple of weeks ago. The Vision base bar was 5 bucks cheaper than SuPerfNashBar, and they had FSA chainrings for $$ off. They had those items in stock and were probably clearing out inventory. they had Giordana Motorola jerseys for cheaper than most and had good deals on DMT shoes too. I signed up for their e-specials, I'll post if anything relevant comes around.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Vote for GloryCycles

I ordered a Alpha Q Sub 3 fork from them. I was putting together a bike and was originally going to get another fork. He emailed me back and said for my leader the Alpha Q would be a better choice. I went for it and love i made the decision. Its 60x's better then my bontrager. Anyway, just thought i'd throw it out there....

Carlos Franco

·
iedereen op de fiets
669 Posts
555Rider said:
Looks like they have a pretty decent selection. Question, if you know, does the website actually represent what they have in stock? I ordered from a place and then had to wait almost 3 weeks to get the item because they didn't actually have it in stock.

Thanks for the info
No the website does not represent ththe inventory. I ordered a helmet from them and was told that it would ship within 3 days. Two weeks later I called and was told that it would ship that day. I called two days later and they never had it to ship. When their helmet shipment finally arrived, my helmet was on back order. I asked about the previous years model and they did not have it in my size.

I would suggest that you contact them via e-mail and ask for a quote. Their custom quotes are very good and they will tell you if the item is in stock.

While my experience was poor, I have had severeal friends that have had no problems what so ever.

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,318 Posts
Built Wheels?

Does anyone have any experience with their wheel building? What they quote on the site as far as weight and price is quite attractive but not sure how realistic the numbers are in real life.

·
Anhinga
31 Posts
I found them online and saw they were located in Orlando. Since that's where I live, I went down to their store, which turned out to be a funky little place filled with really high-end stuff. Very few local cyclists even know they're there, because they only advertise on the internet and, so they told me, do 95% of their business online. Anyway, the guys who work there are honest-to-god cyclists - a couple of them are road racers - who know their stuff, so your can rest assured you're not dealing with some 350-pound bozo selling bike parts out of his garage. I have no experience with their wheel-building skills, but I bought an EMS carbon handlebar from them and they matched the best price I could find online. They also gave me an excellent deal on some tubes and a pair of gloves - every bit as good as I could have gotten from Performance, Colorado Cyclist, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would highly recommend Glory Cycles.
I recently purchased several high end items that the typical mega-mail order-mart do not carry.

The guys at Glory Cycle always answered my e-mails promptly.
Oh, and I got a good deal, not earth shattering but a fair price and better on these parts than anybody else would do.

Sign up for their newsletter and you will be in the loop for sales and specials.

I think you just missed 10% off everything sale and there was also a free shipping promo out there.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have shopped and researched on-line for the Vittoria Zaffiro Pro clincher and/or the Vittoria light tubes 80g. Very few have the clincher (Performance, Nashbar) but they do not give you a free tube with each clincher purchased! Price? $26.90 vs. $29-30 with the competitors, and...NO FREE TUBE!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts