Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for slip fit gloves to replace my specialized BG gel's I do like these but just tired of them ripping all the time.

my mom just picked up the specialized BG pro's these look really nice and more durable.

I was looking at the BG pros, the Castelli Rosso Corsa's what other gloves are out there with no velcro clasp?

budget is about $50 bucks...so no raphas, assos, etc.

Chad

· Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
milkbaby said:
I really like my Castelli Rossa Corsa gloves, BUT if you are tough on gloves, beware! They use some very light material and will tear easily if you are rough on them.
hmm this scares me considering I have ripped the BG's multiple times and don't think I'm rough on them at all

by tough do you mean wash them too much? not enough?

whats everyone think of the Girodana silverlines or formaReds?

Chad

· Poseur
1,409 Posts
I've been using Castelli Rosso Corsa gloves for more than a year and my only complaint about durability is the loops between the fingers you use to pull them off. One of them was not sewn in very well and pulled out after a few wearings. I sewed it back but it was a pain to do it. I've been alternating between those and BG gel gloves and prefer the Castelli by a narrow margin. I just got a pair of Descente gel gloves from Bonktown but I haven't used them yet and they do have velcro.

· Registered
3,270 Posts
Look at these: Specialized BG Pro. The fit well and don't have too much gel. $35 a pair. I've had mine about 6 months and they look like new. Speicalized BG gloves are all I wear and never had issues with durability. Also, Specialized has a great warranty policy so take them back to the shop where you got them and see what they will do for you.

· Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GerryR said:
I've been using Castelli Rosso Corsa gloves for more than a year and my only complaint about durability is the loops between the fingers you use to pull them off. One of them was not sewn in very well and pulled out after a few wearings. I sewed it back but it was a pain to do it. I've been alternating between those and BG gel gloves and prefer the Castelli by a narrow margin. I just got a pair of Descente gel gloves from Bonktown but I haven't used them yet and they do have velcro.
thanks...I think I'm going to either get the castelli's or the bg pros if I get the castelli's I plan on beefing up the stitching of the loops

Chad

· Masters Neophyte
2,236 Posts
Nimitz said:
hmm this scares me considering I have ripped the BG's multiple times and don't think I'm rough on them at all

by tough do you mean wash them too much? not enough?

whats everyone think of the Girodana silverlines or formaReds?

Chad
I have the same problem w/ the BG's- I love them, but they seem kinda fragile. Like you I wonder if I wash them too much/not enough.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.