Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Fingers in th winter, fingerless in summer. I've had very good luck with Specialized gloves.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same here, Fingerless when warm otherwise I go full finger. I use Foxx mtb gloves for the full finger. For the fingerless, it's an ancient pair of trek gloves basically cause its the only pair I have not lost. Really there are enough makes out there. Try them on, you will know which one is right for you.

·
I'm workin' on it....
251 Posts
I have Pearl Izumi Cyclone full finger gloves for the winter-they are windproof and fit really well. Pearl Izumi fingerless gloves for warmer weather.

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
Fox Incline Full-Finger in winter.
Pearl Izumi Attack Gloves in summer.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Pearl Izumi Attack here as well. Really hot weather and I have no-name brand leather-palms and crotchet-cotton backs.

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts
Aviner Comfy Gel gloves. $20.00 a pair, not thick and bulky and they last forever. In winter I just slip some light weight Therma-Fleece work gloves over the Aviners. Hands are cool but never sweaty.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Right now I am working with Craft gloves for both winter and summer. I don't like a lot of padding and I don't like velcro straps. The velcro tends to get hung up on arm warmers ect. when trying to take them off or put them on.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Half finger in summer. I like Spenco gloves, especially their "Rip Its". They're very easy on-easy off, great quality. One pair lasts me several years @ ~ 7,000 miles per year. I bought a couple pair of Pearl Izumi. Both pair didn't last one season. :-(

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Half on the road.. Full on the trail.

Pearl Slice gloves are pretty comfortable. Got them last spring and used them all season. Still working perfectly and not a single stitch has popped or anything. I kinda wish they were all black but oh well.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
I pick...

2ndGen said:
What gloves do you use, fingerless or full finger?

Which brands do you prefer?
I pick, none. I don't like the feel of gloves on my hands when riding, and yes, I've fallen enough to know that I probably should wear gloves, but can't teach an older dog newer tricks I guess.

·
Banned
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I prefer full finger gloves for riding.

In my doing a search, it's difficult to find full finger road bike gloves that aren't for cold weather.

I'm looking for a set of light and flexible gloves that are still cool for hot summer riding.

I find MTB gloves too "protection" oriented in their construction for roading.

Any good suggestions?

·
Banned
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ZoSoSwiM said:
Half on the road.. Full on the trail.

Pearl Slice gloves are pretty comfortable. Got them last spring and used them all season. Still working perfectly and not a single stitch has popped or anything. I kinda wish they were all black but oh well.
So far, I'm leaning towards a pair of Slice Gloves.

:)

·
Poseur
1,408 Posts
Castelli Rosso Corsa. They're pricey but I had a coupon for about 25-30% off so I took a chance. They have just the right amount of padding and the loops for removing them are a slick idea. For not too cold weather I just wear a pair of Windstopper fleece gloves over them and if the weather if really cold, like 15F or colder, I use Pearl Izumi lobster mitts.

·
huvia ja hyötyä
572 Posts
Full finger for crash protection. No padding in the palm.
(much of my riding is on dirt but I've had a few close encounters with pavement too)

Whatever fits when I try it in a local shop.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i cant stand padding. i hate losing the road feel, whatever is cheapest and thinnest works just fine for me.

·
Registered
793 Posts
It gets so friggin cold I've been wearing a 150 thinsulate Carhart leather glove over an xps type glove over a pair of those thin knitted white gloves you get at Ace. It's tight until they get broke in together. Friday it was warm enough for a single unlined glove, see link below. Eventually I get to a pair of pretty thin lambskin gloves I got at ace, very nice, but they're thin where tire cleaning/yard work wore them out after a season. Eventually fingerless in the summer. I like those knitted back ones. The gal at the lbs says they are the same ones the old guys in the wheelchairs always buy.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Adidas half gloves. Just a little padding and only where I like it. They don't cost much and have held up well.

When temps drop I put some WindStopper gloves over them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts