Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with glucosamine/chondroitin supplements? My knees get a little achy from time to time, (nothing chronic) particularly when I start getting out there in the spring. Thought that this joint supplement may be helpful.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
I take glucosamine and I think it helps. I have no way of knowing how my joints would feel if I weren't taking it, so its very subjective. My vet recommended it for my big dog so he gets some too. Some people swear by it, some say it has no effect.

·
Registered
0 Posts
In case anyone is still interested in this old thread. I was taking G&C for knee pain for a couple of months with little relief. Then I started G&C with MSM and within a week there was major relief and ow I have had little pain in a month.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Zeke said:
In case anyone is still interested in this old thread. I was taking G&C for knee pain for a couple of months with little relief. Then I started G&C with MSM and within a week there was major relief and ow I have had little pain in a month.
My understanding is that the MSM is a pain reliever and does nothing for the joints per se.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Just received...

Mike_nyc1 said:
Has anyone had any experience with glucosamine/chondroitin supplements? My knees get a little achy from time to time, (nothing chronic) particularly when I start getting out there in the spring. Thought that this joint supplement may be helpful.
in today's mail, a flyer from eCaps ( the Hammer Gel folks) introducing their new product: "Tissue Rejuvenator" which is similiar to the product that I take (Joint SYnergy).
You can check it out @ http://www.e-caps.com/search/search_results.cfm?div=Search
btw....the flyer indicated to 'mention ad code TR04 when ordering'......I assume it's to save you some $$....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Low quanities

I checked out the site and the quanities of G&C and MSM seem really low. They state 500 mg in 4 tablets in take that much in one capsule and typically take two tablets in the morning and one in the eve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts