Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a magnet for my Quarq on a carbon frame. Is there a recommended adhesive that I can get off the frame if needed?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Years ago I had wheels with big carbon spokes (Spinergy Rev-X). I glued a magnet on the front wheel using tubular tire cement. It worked great, and I was able to get it off when I wanted to.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Newer quarqs (most recent and prior generation) do not require a magnet.
I have those Quarqs but I hear it's more accurate with the magnet. I'm also having an issue on one of my bikes with the Shimano shift plate for the front derailleur constantly falling off so I want to glue that as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Couldn't you use the clear silicon that you would normally use for sealing bathroom and window? A small dot is all you need.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,565 Posts
I have those Quarqs but I hear it's more accurate with the magnet. I'm also having an issue on one of my bikes with the Shimano shift plate for the front derailleur constantly falling off so I want to glue that as well.
You heard wrong. If anything having a magnet on a newer Quarq will make it worse. That comes directly from SRAM's road product manager.

ETA: The plate under the support screw? How can it fall off if the derailleur is installed correctly? Hint: There is only one correct answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts