Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try this out? Found it to be a great way to help pick routes. Gives distances and elevations for route that you pick out... Try it out if you haven't... haven't clocked it to see how accurate it is yet, but i bet its pretty accurate. Based on topo i guess for the elevation tab... but its pretty cool, can see what each individual hill is if you just zoom in and pick a route...

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

give it a try... guess its a google product...

· Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
It kinda sucks if you don't know the area well. I was checking some of the routes I do, and it lists all the roads outside the city as "Twp Hwy 316", and I know from experience that they aren't listed as such out there. They go by their more common names like "Claylick Road"

Topo USA is still the best i've found.

· Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have found it usefulll

yeah, just thought it was a really useful little program... i'm new to the western mass area, so i can look for routes on my rubel bike map, them map them on gmaps and get distances and climbs, etc... make it much easier to try to plan routes for me...

· Registered
819 Posts
Used it quite a bit lately. Very nice to try out different routes, find out which ones will add mileage, which ones just go a different way. Also helped me when I had to get to a training ride but was starting from a different location. I was able to map it out and estimate the time so I could meet up with the group.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.