Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
People don’t just hate Lance because he was caught doping. They hate him because he deserves it. He has been an awful human being.
I recognize this ... and there are too many people that have been caught cheating, and been assholes at the same time to count, that people still love. He threw everybody under the bus to protect himself ... yet, he is FAR from the first to do this.

People pick and chose who they love and hate ... he grated on a lot of people, others still love him. I could turn this political and mention "He who shall not be named" as a perfect example.

The reality is Lance is polarizing, however, that doesn't make him any less knowledgeable about the sport. The record books don't show it, however he still won 7 TDF's in a row ... something extremely unlikely to EVER happen again as the sheer amount of luck needed to pull this off is an achievement in it's self.

His World Championship win still stands, as do multiple other wins ... only the results from a specific time period have been taken away.

One thing the United States is great at, probably the only thing we are the best in the world at is ... Building people up into Hero's and near Gods, then tearing them down when we learn they are human or grow tired of them. Nobody on earth does this as well as Americans!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Did anyone else went to the mattress with journalists and doping officials like lance? He is not the only cheat or the only a$$hole but he did ask for it.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Did anyone else went to the mattress with journalists and doping officials like lance? He is not the only cheat or the only a$$hole but he did ask for it.
I’ve tried to think of some comparable examples from any sport, but I can’t come up with a Lance...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts