Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice out this morning. Very Sunny. I've been leaving a little early for work, lately, and just taking my time instead of sprinting through morning traffic. This allowed me to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. I found a GI Joe this morning who I think is "Snake Eyes". So I stuck him in my bar and continued onto work. I cut through an alley and saw a car with it's window smashed in and took a "U Lock Justice" shot. That's about it. It was sunny, it was 48°, it was my ride into work.

Tomorrow's my last day of riding for a few weeks :[

You guys better keep this forum interesting!
Arby

Below: A church I pass every morning. The sun was really pelting the side of it.

Below: U Lock Justice. (no I didn't do this)

Below: Arborous Arby.

Below: Snake Eyes...

Below: He wouldn't stay, so he went in my pocket... at this moment he's in a friend's toolbox...

Go Joe!

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
That's not Snake Eyes. Snake Eyes was a blue ninja-type guy.

I hope everything goes well and that you survive the time off the bike. You may need to cut down on the mayonnaise temporarily while sitting on your butt all day. ;)

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Sure you didn't ....

:rolleyes:
Arby said:
Below: U Lock Justice.
I've been tempted soooooooooo often, (that is one of the reasons I don't carry a U-Lock with me).

BTW I am not going to show this one to Miss M; it would give her too many ideas and she sure doesn't care for most of the drivers around here.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Good Luck Tomorrow

Listen to the doctor and stay off of your bike. But, there is no reason that you can't take some pictures and post them in the Lounge.

Now that you are moving, it is like the end of an era for me -- your commute used to overlap with the end of mine and a lot of your pictures were from the vicinity of my office. Your new commute still will have the same excitement that your out-of-town fans have come to love (like the rats), but I will miss the downtown shots.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not to worry...

MarkS said:
Now that you are moving, it is like the end of an era for me -- your commute used to overlap with the end of mine and a lot of your pictures were from the vicinity of my office.
Tash and I are planning on moving in August into a row house in Mt.Vernon or Charles Village. So, we'll once again, have overlapping commute routes. Keep an eye out for any good deals by the way!

Arby

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
U can do it.

MB1 said:
:rolleyes:
I've been tempted soooooooooo often, (that is one of the reasons I don't carry a U-Lock with me).
U-Locks are for Using! (on anything)

That particular U-Lock has taken off, completely, 4 side mirrors and destroyed 2 of the multiple little round tail lights on City Busses.

Incidentally, that particular size U-Lock is great for throwing also, in the event that you've got a fleeing driver. Although I've never thrown mine.

"Be safe"
Arby.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Remind me not to get on your bad side! :). All kidding aside, cool shots and you better be back up and riding soon.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Lookin good!

Nice pics, congrats on the repreive!
I have been having a hard time finding a u-lock that small. I would like to find one locally and not have to order off the net. Any ideas?

·
Fahrrad fahren
234 Posts
Yikes

Arby said:
U-Locks are for Using! (on anything)

That particular U-Lock has taken off, completely, 4 side mirrors and destroyed 2 of the multiple little round tail lights on City Busses.

Incidentally, that particular size U-Lock is great for throwing also, in the event that you've got a fleeing driver. Although I've never thrown mine.

"Be safe"
Arby.
Just make sure you aren't the one bringing a U-Lock to a gun fight!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.