Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or....what the fock were they thinking? I had a set of Cxp 30 rims sitting in the garage, taking up space for about a year. Paid about $50 for them on ebay; a good price. I'm getrting cash together for a new cross rig so since they're just collecting dust, I put 'em up for auction. Last night the price was up to $56. Not bad, I think, I may get $70 or so for them. Wrong-o! $137.50?! Do these people even bother to check retail prices? Oh well, my gain:eek: :D

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Kram59 said:
Or....what the fock were they thinking? I had a set of Cxp 30 rims sitting in the garage, taking up space for about a year. Paid about $50 for them on ebay; a good price. I'm getrting cash together for a new cross rig so since they're just collecting dust, I put 'em up for auction. Last night the price was up to $56. Not bad, I think, I may get $70 or so for them. Wrong-o! $137.50?! Do these people even bother to check retail prices? Oh well, my gain:eek: :D

"How **dare** you defraud unknowing ebay buyers-how dare you part fool$ from their $$$$....&etc & like this"

[well done;)]

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unknowing yes. Defrauding? No.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Kram59 said:
Unknowing yes. Defrauding? No.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yeah, they bid it up there, they are paying the price they asked for, that's not defrauding anybody.

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,318 Posts
My wife feels bad when someone overpays for something she sells. I still haven't got her to not worry about this.

That wasn't the red CXP rims you sold were they? I watched those for a couple of days but the bidding got out of hand pretty quick.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope. "Titanium" finish 28 holers. Unfrigginbelievable.

·
Non non normal
10,100 Posts
I missed that auction. I would have given you 75. each for them. :D

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,318 Posts
Off Topic

Kram59 said:
Nope. "Titanium" finish 28 holers. Unfrigginbelievable.
Way off topic, but Kram, Congrats to the Steelers on the Super Bowl.

I'm a Colts fan and thats the first time I've said that. It only took me a month.:(

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, right. You'd pretzel those 28-holers a LOT quicker than I would, big boy:eek::D

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
I love ebay. I just sold some 'neat' stuff on there that went way beyond my expectations. Again. Cool.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's OK. 1st step to recovery is acceptance:D Really, I would have preferred a win with less controversy, but I'll take it anyway:eek: (BTW-can't you tell I really love the new smiley-thingies) Oh, and thanks.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Amen to that.

rwbadley said:
I love ebay. I just sold some 'neat' stuff on there that went way beyond my expectations. Again. Cool.
My Star Wars/G.I. Joe stuff is fetching a pretty penny. I'll have my Milwaukee Orange One paid for in no time.

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how many people on ebay are willing to pay over retail price to buy something used from somebody who may or may not actually deliver it quickly. People are idiots sometimes....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts