Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a thread on this the other day, but now it looks like there really might be a "merger" between Chrysler and Fiat. I've owned at least 25 cars, and the absolute worst were two Fiats, a Dodge and a Plymouth, each a nightmare in its way.
But when I think about driving Italian cars, and how much fun the Neon was on the rare occasions when it didn't overheat, and I look at pictures of the Fiat 500, I WANT ONE OF THOSE. What's wrong with me?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Cory said:
.... What's wrong with me?
You don't think about bicycles enough.

BTW JSYK FWIW I've been thinking on and off about trading in our 10yo Mini-Van (40,000 miles) for a new one. New cars are nice but I just can't think of a single good reason to do it.

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
Fiat's come a long way quality wise from where they were when they sold cars here. So has Chrysler, even from 5 years ago. I mean let's face it, if a company today made cars as consistently bad as the X-19, they would not sell any.

0 Posts
I had a friend's Fiat convertible, a tiny little thing, but sexy as hell, break down seven times on a trip from Blacksburg, Va., to Virginia Beach, back in the college years.

Electrical system was worse than my MG Midget's -- now, that's saying something.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
Cory said:
We had a thread on this the other day, but now it looks like there really might be a "merger" between Chrysler and Fiat. I've owned at least 25 cars, and the absolute worst were two Fiats, a Dodge and a Plymouth, each a nightmare in its way.
But when I think about driving Italian cars, and how much fun the Neon was on the rare occasions when it didn't overheat, and I look at pictures of the Fiat 500, I WANT ONE OF THOSE. What's wrong with me?
You don't happen to ride Campy, would you?

It would explain a lot.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
Slim Again said:
I had a friend's Fiat convertible, a tiny little thing, but sexy as hell, break down seven times on a trip from Blacksburg, Va., to Virginia Beach, back in the college years.

Electrical system was worse than my MG Midget's -- now, that's saying something.
No kidding. Standing up against Lucifer - er, Lucas Electric, aka the Prince of Darkness - that's saying sumptin.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Hollywood said:
I just read that, gave away all my possessions and bolted for the hills. Surely The End is nigh... :eek:
Thanks for the pink bibs! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts