Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, guys, this site's been pretty bad before, but now it's close to unbearable: At least with IE10, this must be one of the slowest sites on the planet. Takes like 5 seconds after every page change until the page fully loads, and I can't do anything (scroll, click, anything) before it's done. I'm just about done with this crap, sheesh...

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
What's that Prix? You say something?

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
Seriously, guys, this site's been pretty bad before, but now it's close to unbearable: At least with IE10, this must be one of the slowest sites on the planet. Takes like 5 seconds after every page change until the page fully loads, and I can't do anything (scroll, click, anything) before it's done. I'm just about done with this crap, sheesh...
It is the Ads, they have special Scripts made to ensure you look at all the advertising before you can do anything.

Also what is annoying is that now there are Video Ads that launch without you clicking on them, with sound.

I can't browse this site anymore at work.

I have restricted most of my forum use to Tapatalk where you don't have to see the Advertising.

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
I thought it was just my computer being so slow.

Thanks for the heads up.

I just have to figure out how to get rid of the side ads. Despite the thread on how to do it, I can't get it to work like I was able to the previous time :rolleyes: .

But over all I tend to agree with you; the site is a PITA to navigate.

·
Cranky Old Bastard
2,337 Posts
To try to give some perspective, my new laptop has an AMD A10 quad-core with 12G ram and fast video, and it takes about four seconds to load a thread (and ads) to where I can read and respond.

Oh, and I have slow DSL.

That's not terrible but I wouldn't mind if it were quicker.

PS: not bragging about my computer. It's only a $700 Toshiba with a $40 ram upgrade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.