Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,492 Posts
You small-timers make me sick.

onespeed said:
I have 2 flats in 2 days already. Lets see if I can get the 3rd today.

Last flat before Monday's was over 6 months ago.
I've been luckier this year, but in years past, here in the land of Big Thorns and Sharp Rocks, there's been nothing unusual about a flat a day. A few years ago, in the early part of the spring before the roads were all swept, I averaged one every 30 miles. I had nine in the High Sierra Century in 2002 or 2003 (after No 8 I said "Screw it" and took a cutoff to get back to the start, and had a flat on the cutoff).
A couple of years ago some guy posted here and said he'd had his first flat in three years of riding, I think it was. He wanted to know if it was OK to patch the tube and re-use the tire, or if he had to buy new ones. Turned out he was from down in Louisiana someplace where there aren't any rocks, just mud and marsh grass

·
Registered
30 Posts
I usually go quite a while without any flats and suddenly get one per ride for 3 or 4 rides. Had 2 flats last week (same day, too!) so I should be good to go for a month or so...

·
Registered
453 Posts
One of the guys on one of our group rides had 3 flats in an hour or so. Never again will he change a tube without checking the tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.