Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, once in a while I sneak in a running post here. Think of it as commuting 6 miles out and back.

This is one of the trails belonging to Pilot Mountain State Park here just NW of Winston Salem NC. This trail is close to my house so I spend a few hours here a month either camping, kayaking, fitness running or just hanging out with my family.

The trails are maintained for horses but they are rarely used. Most days I am all alone out here.

It was a beautiful 42degree day. Too cold for road biking but perfect for a long run.

Attachments

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
nice.

i mix running and riding, but rarely, if ever, leave pavement when running. bad on my knees, hips and back in the long run (get it?), but whatever. The Boys soccer practices were near a gravel MUT last year, so i could run there during his practices. this year they were not:(

i have a thing about not driving to a run/ride location. not sure why, but i do. that greatly limits my offroad activities...

·
Registered
649 Posts
Most of my time now is currently spent running. All on trail. Poor bikes don't get ridden near as much.
With trail running I get to see many places I would have missed. Plus no cars. And very very few people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts