Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide between the specialized crux expert 1 2017 or the cannondale superx force 2017 . I know cannondale superx frame is complete it new for 2017, I wanted to know what are my benefit going either route.
I am new to the sport hope you guys could help out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a crux expert 1x, love it, never rode the superx, I do see more. Crux ar raced than others

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Will you have a chance to test ride either? That would be best -- make sure tire pressure is pretty close, and get off road if you can -- buy whichever makes you feel most like a little kid again.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've not ridden either, but have ridden the 2015 Crux carbon.

Both seem nice. According to a this review (Reviewed: '17 Cannondale SuperX Team Cyclocross Bike Super-X) the cannondale has a 25.4mm seat post. (I assume this is correct). I believe the Crux has 27.2mm.

Now this isn't really here or there, except I was following the guys at TrainerRoad, who have all bought (at a huge discount I'm sure) 2017 Crux Experts and are setting them up with dropper posts.

There are limited 27.2 mm dropper posts, with most dropper posts seeming to be for 30mm plus seat posts. I've never seen a 25.4mm dropper.

So both look like great bikes, but possibly the specialized has more versatility if you wanted to follow the trainer road guys and fit a dropper?

Personally, due to financial limitations at present, I'm holding out for hopefully specialized to bring the front and rear thru axles to the alloy $1400 Crux E5 in 2017 (i.e. 2018 model year).

·
Not a climber
1,312 Posts
I have a 2016 Crux Elite X1 and love it. Love the look, love the ride, and it kicks ass in racing and gravel riding.

Never ridden a cannondale, and I'm kind of a spesh fanboy. But the crux is a hell of a bike, especially the expert.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts