Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
capt_phun said:
I would take it with a grain of salt. Zinn posts some weird shite and usually he has to come back and retract his posts after they are disputed.
It works. I have wheels designed for tubeless (DA 7850-SL) and a regular pair of clinchers (Mavic Cosmos) that are set-up using the Stan's conversion kit. Using tubeless tires on regular clinchers works fine in my experience. The sealant is necessary to plug everything up, but I'm not worried about the tire blowing off the rim. The Hutchinson carbon bead doesn't stretch - one you get it one, it's not going anywhere.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm running the Hutchinson tubeless with the stans kit on a set of Topolino CX2.0s and I love it. The ride is incredible, very smooth even on chipseal roads and tons of grip in the corners. Durability seems real good, got about a 1000 miles on em', I've taken this combo onto some horrible gravel roads and the tires still look new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.