Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a new wheel build and am looking for Gold Nipples, but strongly prefer brass over alloy. Most places I have found only have black or silver, oddly no gold... which should be natural for brass.

Any ideas?

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,567 Posts
I've never seen them...ever. And I've built a metric sh*t-ton of wheels and been in the business a long time. Only gold alloy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You didn't pay attention to the all important word "internal" which in this case means they're designed for Enve carbon rims and in ever case you can't see them...because they're...internal.
Yeah when I originally saw those in my search, I was excited for a minute or two. It shows they CAN be made, now just need DT Swiss or Sapim to step up...

·
15,567 Posts
Well yeah, pretty much anything can be made...it's just a matter of whether DT or Sapim think it's actually worth it to produce them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,639 Posts
I am working on a new wheel build and am looking for Gold Nipples, but strongly prefer brass over alloy. Most places I have found only have black or silver, oddly no gold... which should be natural for brass.

Any ideas?
I have an old poster of a Cinelli with a 50th anniversary Campy group and gold everywhere, including the spoke nipples. Maybe you could contact them :)

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,449 Posts
You didn't pay attention to the all important word "internal" which in this case means they're designed for Enve carbon rims and in ever case you can't see them...because they're...internal.

Isn't internal what really matters so threads won't seize?

·
15,567 Posts
Isn't internal what really matters so threads won't seize?
Internal nipples are inside the rim, they don't protrude through the spoke hole. Thus it wouldn't matter what color they were since the OP couldn't see them. Think Enve vs Zipp.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,449 Posts
Internal nipples are inside the rim, they don't protrude through the spoke hole. Thus it wouldn't matter what color they were since the OP couldn't see them. Think Enve vs Zipp.

Oh OK, I misunderstood what you meant by "internal". I thought you meant inside where the spoke threads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.