Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have started using Golden Cheetah and am new to using a power meter. I have been importing my workouts with the bike with the power meter, but I also have a dedicated trainer bike that currently does not have power on it. Since I have been using GC, I have had a few trainer rides that of course do not have power data. I have time, distance, HR, cadence, and speed but not power.

Should I import these workouts into GC or will it throw off the power data. Or maybe I should say what will be the impact to my short-term and long-term analysis of importing these workouts ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
If you have a sense for the effort in the trainer rides, you can manually input TSS to GC. Many fluid trainers have power curve that is known, and you can get pretty close to real power from the speed if you have a speed sensor. Zwift, and trainer road will use speed information to calculate the power stats for input to GC, probably others do too.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I add HrTSS to my workouts in GC that are done without power (CX bike, running, etc). HrTSS and trimp aren't accurate as power, but they keep PMC more on track. Else I would loose 200-500 TSS tracking per week. For me, that is too much training load to ignore.

FWIW, trainingpeaks seems to be easier to work with when you do workouts with HR and without power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts