Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oops, ukbloke got roped into cleaning the goldfish tank this morning. We now have 3 near-death semi-cooked goldfish. Evidently, I have no concept of what room temperature feels like. ukwife is feeling very sad, while ukchild wants to go shopping for news one. Believe it or not, I'm blowing bubbles into the original water with a straw in an attempt to revive them.

·
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ukwife put the fish pump into their temporary bowl. After a few minutes one of the fish had disappeared! It had been sucked up the pump and got wedged in a pipe. I blew it back out again. All 3 fish are still breathing, but floating upside down! We're still trying to bring them back by blowing bubbles ... more at 10.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
IIRC gold fish cost about fidy cent. give up and get new ones. they are probably gonna die in a couple days anyway.

ukchild knows whats up.

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
In my experience, anyone less science oriented than Jonas Sauk has no business cleaning a fish tank. I've killed hundreds of dollars of fish because the science/eco wasn't correct. I finally said "Screw it, let's get a puppy."

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Is it time for sushi yet? :p

·
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oops, the water temperature was 98 degrees.

·
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lindsey, Paris and Britney are hanging in there. Picture to follow.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Poached goldfishies!
uk; you pour some of the water that teh fish are currently in into a contaner with the fish. Clean the bowl.
Add water. If tap, use COLD water and let it equilibrate to RT (10-20 min or so).
If chlorinated water, add dechlorination drops.
Add fish with water back into bowl.
And listen to ukkiddo.
They're toast.

·
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, they're in a cooking pot. No, they're not on the stove.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Hang in there, UKBlokeFish!

I like Fish

·
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm trying to rehabilitate Britney by getting her to swim in circles around the pot. She keeps wanting to lie down on her side. The other 2 don't look so good. ukchild wants to go outside to play.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
you put them in 98F water? uh, bad move.

thermal shock is usually pretty lethal.

don't get your hopes up about them surviving....

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
Fish 'n chips?

·
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Britney is swimming unassisted! Lindsey is looked more lively too. Paris is on her back.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
RLY. As opposed to what??? Hands and knees?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts