Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my firts post in this forum. I'm spanish and my english is very poor but I' ve been reading some of your post and I thing than you're forgeting one of best riders now in TDF.
We have lost Valverde but now have Jose Angel Gómez Marchante, nicknamed "Pimien" ( pepper ) . I thing is him and not Simoni , Saunier Duval's leader. I know is early yet for him to be in TDF podium but I sure you'll see him in the Alps.....

·
BS the DC
1,426 Posts
Well, your English is better than mi Espaniol. I've never heard of "The Pepper". We'll all have to keep an eye on him.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
He was one of my dark horse picks but I downgraded his chances a bit after the Suisse Tour. Gil, Ullrich, Jaksche, etc. were all stronger. Are you aware he lost nearly 3 minutes on stage 2 due to a crash (I believe)? He could still make the top-10 but I think a podium is unrealistic now, especially given the emphasis on TTs vs. climbing in this Tour.

·
gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
a talent for sure - if i recall correctly discovery tried signing him last year.

didn't he crash out of last years tour?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He crahs out in his first tour last year. Was 8 in Vuelta 2004 in his first year like a pro, and this year wins the Uci Pro Tour's Vuelta al Pais Vasco, winning the final TT. And sure is going to by with betters in the mountais this Tour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.