Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone look at weather like this and take a vacation day to ride knowing the opportunity to get a quality summer like ride won't be back for a week or two. It's still only February.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Anyone look at weather like this and take a vacation day to ride knowing the opportunity to get a quality summer like ride won't be back for a week or two. It's still only February.
If I can break free I plan to take the afternoon off and ride. I saw that that the National Weather Service is calling for a chance for thundersnow tomorrow in my area!

UPDATE: I was able to take a long lunch and get out for 21 miles. It was 64F. I tell you it was strange riding without a computer keyboard, a fan, and a remote. And the colors were so vivid! Saw a lot of other riders doing the same

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got stuck in massive fog until 10:00 but made it to Buckberg Road by Tomkins Cove. Like magic once I rode up Buckberg the fog lifted and the sun came out. Had a blast riding Buckberg, Motts Farm, Cedar Flats and Gatehill.

Can't believe how much I lost since November, but at least i got it done and actually was able to ride pretty fast the last 20 miles, so maybe something clicked. weather was fantastic after 10:00 a.m. Just sucked that I had all those peeled layers sticking out of my jersey pockets. Wasn't that warm @ 6:30

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So nice to not have to ride with winter clothes! Changes tomorrow but as of today only 6 weeks to Spring.
i'm praying for a few more between now and spring. going to girona in a little over a month and it would be nice to have some longer rides under my belt. i'll take anything over 40 with no ice on the ground, just to show how reasonable i can be

1 - 6 of 6 Posts