Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
User is infamous around
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last couple years I've sworn by my FiveTen Sam Hill Impacts (2013 vintage). I **LOVE** these shoes. I'm on my feet all day, and they don't cause my feet to hurt no matter how far I walk or how long I 'm standing. Unfortunately they're becoming hard to find and soon will be non-existent.

So I'm gonna take the advice of one of my co-workers (20yrs younger, but not a complete knothead) and try a pair of these;
Robot Check
I've heard good things about Doc's, but thought they were girl's shoes. Since they do guy's sizes, I'll try 'em. Hope they're as comfortable as the hype claims.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
In 1992 or 93 I had a pair of Five Ten shoes, I think might have been their first venture into a non-climbing shoe. They were leather, gray and purplish, with very sticky soles. Loved those shoes. I couldn't find another set like them when they wore out, but got a set of lightweight hikers that I still use for knocking around in the woods behind my house.

I'm a Keen guy now. I have a very comfy pair of light leather sneakers for summer and a heavier leather shoe for winter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts