Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
fu
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On good days I feel like I could climb Mt Ventoux in 4 minutes - I'm one with the bike. It fits me perfectly, my pedaling is smooth, great cadence, etc... On bad days, I'm stiff, can't get comfortable on the bike, it doesn't fit, the saddle is like a torture device and everything else just falls apart. Does this happen to you?

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Of course, and not just on the bike. That's life for mortal human beings. Some days you're the hammer, some days you're the nail.

Though I never feel like I could climb Ventoux in 4 minutes. Can I have a little of what you were smoking that day?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oh yes. In fact, last Friday I had a great ride, my legs felt great, my cadence was high, my heart rate was responsive, and the sunset also helped. On Sunday, I couldn't get my heart rate up, my legs were burning, my bum did not agree with my saddle and I gave up after half an hour and could only manage a noodle home. I think it's something called overreaching..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Happens to me. Most recently on my Sunday group ride. I just had nothing in me and had to stop to throw up during one climb. It was a tough ride but I have had tougher without problems. I was toast for the rest of the ride and the rest of the day. I am pretty sure it was down to my diet on Saturday, I ate like crap on Saturday and paid the price on Sunday.

·
Registered
950 Posts
sanrensho said:
Normal.

True "no chain" days = Maybe half a dozen times a season

Strong days = Every couple of rides, once or twice a week
+1

I always enjoy riding, but the "no chain" days make the ride transcendent.

·
Registered
950 Posts
sanrensho said:
Normal.

True "no chain" days = Maybe half a dozen times a season

Strong days = Every couple of rides, once or twice a week
+1

·
Loves to Suffer
998 Posts
Terex said:
+1

I had one last night; in the midst of a recovery week after a 3 week build period. I wasn't going especially fast (actually a bit faster than I should have been though) but the bike seemed almost to move forward on its own.

Hasn't happened in a race for me yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts