Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
mad11:11one
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
snapped a new $$roll half way up the bar....:confused: :prrr: :frown2: :incazzato:

now im thinking of deviating from the brand ive been using forever.....
any "stand out" tapes out there?

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
I use Deda, many styles, colors and types, also durable and easy to use. Cinelli cork is used and enjoyed by many. Stella Azzuro is also popular.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I absolutely love the SRAM Superlight tape - I've used many diff types over the last thirty years, and this feels absolutely fantastic to my hands. I usually use the thin Fizik pads underneath this, and the combination for me is ideal. YRMV!

·
Registered
108 Posts
+ 1 for Fizik. I don't like the foam based ones as for me they scuff up and get dirty very easily, and I don't notice a comfort difference. The fizik ones are solid colors, and don't stain with each touch.

·
Registered
487 Posts
+1 Fizik Microtex

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
I like the feel of Cinelli cork, but for some reason I rip it up in a couple of weeks. The edges peel up and then it goes to pieces. sort of a PITA to install, too--if you stretch it too much, it rips.
I bought some old-school cotton tape a few months ago and wrapped the bars on two bikes with it, one over the torn-up cork and the other over bare metal, and i like it. Lots of colors, lasts a long time, and if you're REALLY old school, you can shellac over it like Eddie Merck .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Anything cork or syn-cork. If it gets slippery when its wet then I chuck it. I like the Easton tape and +1 on the Sram stuff. Ohh and it has to have the strip of tape down the middle.

Ekh.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
seeborough said:
Not if you like money or comfort.
Brooks tape last many times longer than cork or synthetic...it is also more comfy. So yes, your post is wrong on both counts. HTH HTH HTH.

·
Use my Apps :)
959 Posts
+ again for Fizik Microtek

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
I like Deda & Fizik Microtek. Cinelli Cork used to be good awhile back. I bought some last year & it didn't last. It feels good, but I don't like taping my bars 2 - 3 times per season. Deda cork lasts for multiple seasons, or until you get sick of the color. Fizik feels the best.

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
I just wrapped some bars w/Profile Design tape, and that stuff goes on easier than any other tape I've used because it's really stretchy. Not sure how well it will work- it otherwise feels like every other gel-cork-foam out there, so probably just as good as any.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts