Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the tip

never heard of it, but i'll do a google interweb search for it later.

so...i'm looking for a schedule. i want to get faster and stronger and better on hills. i can usually ride six days a week but from reading other posts i gather that's too much. can you recommend a schedule?

i'm 38, male, 205 pounds, 6'4" and a gemini

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
thinkcooper said:
There's a website called Road Bike Review with a great Beginner's forum. They have a Racing/Training forum as well, and I've heard there are some pretty sharp folks that answer most questions. :thumbsup:
thinkcooper, I heard that site also has a wonderful search function. Anything from importance of rest, periodization, training blocks, intervals, bike fit, racing tacticts, equipment tips darn near anything!

·
In need of sock puppet
9,451 Posts
hafjell said:
never heard of it, but i'll do a google interweb search for it later.

so...i'm looking for a schedule. i want to get faster and stronger and better on hills. i can usually ride six days a week but from reading other posts i gather that's too much. can you recommend a schedule?

i'm 38, male, 205 pounds, 6'4" and a gemini
Aside from being 13 years older and a Libra, we're twins. :D

I like hill training too, but find that more than twice a week is too much. I also commute about 35 miles three-four days a week, and am training for a 130 mile event with a lot of climbing in July. Most advice I've received is to back down on the commuting to give myself enough time for rest. Post what your goals are and you'll probably get more detailed training tips.

Cheers!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thinkcooper said:
Aside from being 13 years older and a Libra, we're twins. :D

I like hill training too, but find that more than twice a week is too much. I also commute about 35 miles three-four days a week, and am training for a 130 mile event with a lot of climbing in July. Most advice I've received is to back down on the commuting to give myself enough time for rest. Post what your goals are and you'll probably get more detailed training tips.

Cheers!
Leaving California/Divisadero Streets in SF, CA I'd like to be able to fly up the hills in the Marin Headlands and eventually Mt. Tam.

·
F1000SL
428 Posts
Here is a site that will have anything related

to cycling in an easy to follow format.
http://www.cptips.com/

training
equipment
medical issues
ect

·
F1000SL
428 Posts
You are welcome I found it

by chance a few years ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.