Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share my good experience dealing with Zipp. I had a model 88 front hub that was recalled. The wheels were the 101 aluminum rim clincher version that were purchased in 2012. Through the ROLL bike shop in Columbus, I sent the front wheel to Zipp. Even though the back wheel was not part of the recall, Zipp then asked me to send it also because they noticed the wear indicator on the front was showing that the rim was getting pretty worn. They replaced both wheels for free, gave me my choice of either the model 30 aluminum wheelset or the 30 Course. I chose the 30 Course clincher rim brake version.

Loving the new wheels so far. 18 spoke radial front. 24 spoke 2X rear. The rim is 21mm internal width that is wide for a road bike. They fit on my Cannondale Super6 just fine, using 23mm tires.

·
Banned
748 Posts
I also sent my 101 front to the shop due to the recall. They installed a new hub and spokes and returned it in great condition, true and tight.. Zipp is a class act and will be my wheel of choice..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts