Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lusting after a BMC SLC-01 for over a year now and came across this listing on ebay. Figured I'd give what I thought was a lowball bid, which ironically ended up winning the auction.. Question is, was my bid actually low or did I end up with just a "ho-hum" deal? Since not many complete BMC bikes sell on ebay I had no real history to really go on, other than bare frame prices. Recent frames, however, have sold for the mid to upper 2's. Good deal? so-so deal or did I just get screwed? :) Give it to me straight.

Thanks!

· Registered
9,274 Posts
As long as everything is in good working order the deal is not too bad. The frame alone retails for what you paid for the whole deal; I can also tell you you will love the bike! We have sold a few of these setup just as yours is, so enjoy the ride!

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,541 Posts
2002 said:
Beautiful bike but the blue tires are out of place.
OTOH, it is a nice contrast with all the grays/silvers/blacks.

Nice ride! :)

You know, if you EVER get unhappy wit it-I´m there.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
2002 said:
Beautiful bike but the blue tires are out of place.
I agree.. In photos the blue tires look a bit overwhelming, but in person, they're much more subtle and look rather nice, IMO. I doubt I'll replace them with the same tire when they wear out, but I'm certainly not unhappy enough with them to toss them just because of the color. At least it gives it touch of something other than black and gray.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.