Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
15,996 Posts
Been looking without too much success. There are some okay deals on ebay, but nothing much better than $90 shipped for a Sweep. They've got the market pretty well price control. Performance / nashbar had some clearance of last years' odd sizes, too.

Remember the sweep XC is the same thing as the R, just take off the visor.

· Registered
205 Posts
Ghisallo is as good as Sweep

I wanted a second helmet from my 05 SweepR, so ordered last years Ghisallo. It's every bit as nice- even nicer. I got two extra terry linerpads with the Ghisallo- the Sweep liner rotted after 3 weeks of sweat. I was not happy with that about the Sweep.

I would not spend one extra cent to get a Sweep over a Ghisallo... now I use my Sweep as a winter helmet... since there is now room for a thin poly hat underneath, or a thick sweatband in the summer. The hype about extra cooling holes... I can't tell the difference, and I put a fair number of miles in.

'meat

· wut?
14,624 Posts
JohnHenry said:
My Sweep brow pad went pretty much south, quickly, also. But no matter, I have to wear a headband anywhoo. Brow pads have never been able to keep up with my sweat production. Maybe I'll try a Ghisallo.
Bell will give you free sweat pads, so who cares if they wear out fast?

· What up, dog?
473 Posts
JohnHenry said:
My Sweep brow pad went pretty much south, quickly, also. But no matter, I have to wear a headband anywhoo. Brow pads have never been able to keep up with my sweat production. Maybe I'll try a Ghisallo.
Same here, but my Ghisallo is still going strong! Performance sent me out a new set, but I'll have to use that Bell link next time around.

· Registered
1,392 Posts

· wut?
14,624 Posts

· What up, dog?
473 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.