Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant find any! The only decent bikes I was able to find in this category were the Fuji folding bike, which I cant find for sale anywhere aside from craigslist where it costs $250, and the Dahon Jack and Expresso which cost $400-700+.. I saw a few other full size folding bikes on ebay, but these seem to be toys'r'us/sears quality. I really don't need top of the line stuff, but I'd like to have a bike that wouldn't snap in half in the first year of use too!

Does anyone know why there is such a shortage of full size folding bikes in the US? Are they not profitable to sell or something? This doesn't make any sense...

I would assume these would be abundant since it's convenient to have a very portable bike that takes little space, but it looks like this is not the case at all.

If anyone knows where I can buy a decent full size folding bike for $300 or less let me know please.

·
duh...
9,749 Posts
can you even find a decent non-folding bike (your standards) for $300? folders are typically going to be more expensive and are not a big market, so a "shortage" (in that price range) makes perfect sense IMO

·
Matnlely Dregaend
5,051 Posts
$300 for a decent anything seems like an oxymoron in the biking world. If you want Walmart prices, you're gonna get Walmart quality.

·
I self medicate, I ride
37 Posts

·
Decrepit Member
1,813 Posts
For the price you're willing to pay, you might consider buying a used full sized folder like an early nineties Montague BiFrame. They're ruggedly built TIG welded chromoloy, and fold at the seat tube (concentric seat tubes). I've had mine since new.

I've seen them on eBay for $200 - $300.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.