Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year my wife, myself, and a bunch of friends decided to look into organized rides within a couple hours drive of Tahoe so we could see some new areas, learn the roads without randomly trying to chose good routes, etc. etc. Holy crap there are a lot of rides out there. And they all cost plenty of $$$. My wife wants to ride of course, she likes the jerseys, some even have matching socks (got to have those), and then we have to pay for lodging (if I'm going to be riding in wine country I'm darn well going to stay there and enjoy the wine tasting the next day). It's costing me something like 200-250 a ride and I've only signed up for the something like ten rides that my riding group has selected for over the next six months. I could buy a new bike for that much! I know some people don't like the organized centuries but I enjoy them and the people we often meet. But crap, $2500 for six months? OUCH!

·
lung lacking loser
270 Posts
Ridgetop said:
But crap, $2500 for six months? OUCH!
$2500 for a season chock full of riding memories for you and your wife? Doesn't sound that unreasonable to me. Actually I'm quite jealous and would consider it money well spent. One of the best things my wife and I did was take a hiking trip in Peru. Cost and arm and a leg, but was worth every penny for the memories.

Me, I'd say don't sweat it. Ultimately, the memories and positive feelings for a bike are only made by riding it.

Enjoy your trips!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts