Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Big is relative
11,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode the Peninsula Metric Century this morning. The ride is put on the Tacoma (WA) Wheelmen and has two starting points. You can either start in Gig Harbor or at the ferry landing at Southworth. I started from Southworth. I also chose to do the standard century (100 miles) instead of the metric. The Seattle to Portland is next month so I need some consecutive hours in the saddle. It was 50 degrees and breezy, welcome to June in the PNW.

I took my camera to take some shots to share the beauty of Kitsap and Pierce counties. I quickly figured out that only a handful of people were doing the full century so I had to make the decision to put the camera away and try to stay with a group. I ended up riding with one other guy for the whole distance. We didn't see another rider on the 100 mile loops.

Here I sit tonight fighting leg cramps with no pictures to post. I rode 103 miles, climbed a total of 6860 feet, and burned 10K calories according to Garmin.

· Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Ack, ack, ack!!!

bigbill said:
....I took my camera to take some shots to share the beauty of Kitsap and Pierce counties. I quickly figured out that only a handful of people were doing the full century so I had to make the decision to put the camera away and try to stay with a group. ......
Dude!

What were you thinking?!?

Teasing us with a description then killing us with the denouncement.

I'm crushed. :D

BTW sounds like a neat route.

BTW2 better come through with pix of STP!

· Big is relative
11,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DrRoebuck said:
That's a lot of climbing and a lot of miles. Congrats! How long is the Seattle-Portland ride?
Seattle to Portland is a little over 200 miles. I do the one day version. There are a few climbs in the first 30 miles and after that it is flat with a few rollers. Yesterdays effort was the equivalent of doing around 75% of the STP. I have some more rides planned including a ride around the Hood Canal (120 miles). The plan is to do as much riding as possible in the next three weeks up to 6/22 when I attend a conference in DC for four days. Four days off the bike. After that I will just commute 3-4 days a week so I am rested for July 12th.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.