Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
The guy who I hired to remove a 75 ft oak tree from right next to my house didn't drop any of it on my roof. He also gave me a really good price ($650). The tree generated the equivalent of three cords of wood. He is lending me his splitter, so I won't have to buy wood this year or probably even next year. Here's the kicker, a cord of oak goes for about $225 here, so I actually made money on the deal.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
q_and_a said:
The guy who I hired to remove a 75 ft oak tree from right next to my house didn't drop any of it on my roof. He also gave me a really good price ($650). The tree generated the equivalent of three cords of wood. He is lending me his splitter, so I won't have to buy wood this year or probably even next year. Here's the kicker, a cord of oak goes for about $225 here, so I actually made money on the deal.
Tree killer.

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
terry b said:
Tree killer.
Tree was in the process of committing suicide. It was only a matter of time.

Consider me more the Jack Kevorkian of trees.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
I'm retired.

Good news every day of the week.

BTW what day of the week is it anyway?

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Oldest son got engaged last weekend!

Wife is doing great!

Pretty close to settling a major insurance claim in our facor at work!

Len

·
I luv riding in WA
1,148 Posts
My twin girls, who made a dramatic entrance into the world at 11 weeks premature, are coming up on their 2nd b-day next week. They are off the charts healthy, talking mo' better than some 3yr olds, and the cutest kids in town. For that I'm very thankful.

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
Bad turns out Good

innergel said:
2. No cavities at my dental checkup this morning. Everything A+
Lost a filling and had to have it replaced. Got a nice bewbie rub on my head from the dentist as she stuffed the new filling into the hole.

·
Honey Smack!
7,966 Posts
Today is the last day of work before a fun 3 day weekend with some lownjah's.

My wife continues to be stunningly beautiful and married to me...this is good news.

I took the next step towards getting my own agency with my company.

·
banned from the museum
6,622 Posts
I rode to work this morning, even though my commuter is out of commission. I persevered, and tried to hook up the trailer to my MTB. It didn't work, so I H'dTFU, and hooked the trailer up to my road bike. I haven't been that determined to commute in a long time. It felt good. It was a beautiful morning!

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
My sister just had a good checkup with her oncologist :thumbsup:

·
Still On Steel
2,391 Posts
saf-t said:
My sister just had a good checkup with her oncologist :thumbsup:
And my mother just had a good checkup with hers. :thumbsup:

In other Good News, there are now about 40 riders participating in my LiveStrong ride on Saturday. And there are usually a few more who show up unannounced, so this could be the biggest year ever (record was 42, in 2007). We should raise a fair chunk of change for the cause! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 139 Posts