Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a sports doctor today and he said I merely had IT band inflammation. Just need to give it some rest and take lots o' anti-imflammatories. I was really worried because it was the knee I blew up playing soccer about 15 years ago and I was worried that my new found exuberance (over 5000 miles since the beginning of last summer plus the winter spent doing back to back spinning classes three nights a week) had taken its toll on the old injury. The doctor said that all the riding has actually been good for it. It has strengthened the area around the old injury and he said (aside from the inflammation) it's in great shape. Whew!! I was really worried my Lotoja goal was in jeopardy.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Stretch it

bmxhacksaw said:
I went to a sports doctor today and he said I merely had IT band inflammation. Just need to give it some rest and take lots o' anti-imflammatories. I was really worried because it was the knee I blew up playing soccer about 15 years ago and I was worried that my new found exuberance (over 5000 miles since the beginning of last summer plus the winter spent doing back to back spinning classes three nights a week) had taken its toll on the old injury. The doctor said that all the riding has actually been good for it. It has strengthened the area around the old injury and he said (aside from the inflammation) it's in great shape. Whew!! I was really worried my Lotoja goal was in jeopardy.
No personal experience, but everything you hear about ITBS says that stretching is THE way to fix it. Google ITB stretch and you will get the routine. This is the way forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.