Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am scheduled for my second surgery in two weeks. Will be on my back for a week. Looking for some recommendations for some good cycling related reading while I recover. If I can't be riding I would like to read about it. Thanks.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
I can't think of anything to recommend to you, but good luck with your surgery and recovery. I've been there twice my self with back surgery, so I totally understand the need for entertainment. Hope everything goes well.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Wish I could offer you some good cycling related reading, but I'm not sure that you'd find a mail order catelogs to be interesting.. I hope your recovery is speedy, though!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
surgery

not actually having back surgery. crazy story. giving my 5yo a bath and the large glass door on the bath falls out of the track. glass shatters and one large piece shreds my wrist life changes in an instant! luckily I grabbed my daughter instinctively and she is ok only a few minor scratches)

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
shoot....hope everything works out well. glad the young 'un was okay.

i'd suggest:
the rider by tim krabbe (not amazing, but entertaining)
heft on wheels by mike magnuson (good fiction writer that writes about how cycling turned his life around....)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Dancing on the Pedals: The Found Poetry of Phil Liggett, The Voice of Cycling (Paperback)
by Phil Liggett (Author), Doug Donaldson (Editor)

Roadie : The MIS-Understood World of a Bike Racer
by Jamie Smith, Jef Mallett (Illustrator)

Blazing Saddles : The Cruel and Unusual History of the Tour de France
by Matt Rendell

Bicycle Love: Stories of Passion, Joy, and Sweat
by Garth Battista (Editor)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.