1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey...

Was there last weekend and went to the following three places:

Toucan Pub - good pub food
Atomica Gourmet Pizza & Wine Bar - upscale pizza place
Kingston Brewing Company - only stopped here for a late night beer but looked like a cool place

Enjoy!

Briank

·
Converted Runner
691 Posts
If you're still looking for suggestions - my advice is stay towards the water. If you get too far up Princess street (the "main drag" with most stores and businesses) you'll get to the "student bar" section - not bad if you're looking for a cheap drink and underage girls, but that isn't what you're asking for so...

The Brew Pub has okay food, great beer, and often has live music. Chez Piggy has really good food, but you'll pay for it. Same goes for Le Chien Noir and The River Mill (probably the nicest restaurant in town, it has someone come in and play piano). Curry Original is a great place to get Indian food, and The Keg, while a chain restaurant, still makes one of the best steaks out there (and has top-notch service). If you can get out of the downtown area, Sakura does a pretty cool teppanyaki dinner service and also has reasonably-priced sushi. On a similar note, if you want the best sushi in town look for Akira - it's out of the way but very clean and has amazing plating. The Grizzly Grill has decent food (nothing to write home about), but has free oysters as a Friday "happy hour" special in their billiards area. A final place I'll mention is the Lotus Heart Blossom, a vegetarian place. It's kind of new-age hippie/buddhist/something I can't put my finger on, but the food is quite good and very reasonably priced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts