Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a delivery of 05 Litespeed Teramo, and now I need to get it built. Although it's prebuilt and I can hack at trying to put it together, I figure getting it built by a bike shop might be worth (....and I need to be fitted on it as well). I'm looking for a good shop in San Jose area (willing to take it to any south bay area) that knows Litespeed and the price is reasonable (someone recommended Shaw's but their pricing is a little more than my budget for now).

There's Pacific Bicycles in Blossom Hill that carries Litespeed, but I have never dealt with them, so not sure of the quality of work.

·
Registered
189 Posts
sungchang said:
I just got a delivery of 05 Litespeed Teramo, and now I need to get it built. Although it's prebuilt and I can hack at trying to put it together, I figure getting it built by a bike shop might be worth (....and I need to be fitted on it as well). I'm looking for a good shop in San Jose area (willing to take it to any south bay area) that knows Litespeed and the price is reasonable (someone recommended Shaw's but their pricing is a little more than my budget for now).

There's Pacific Bicycles in Blossom Hill that carries Litespeed, but I have never dealt with them, so not sure of the quality of work.
Cupertino Bike Shop

·
Registered
191 Posts
Bici

Bici Bike on Cottle (near Hwy 85). I bought and had my Serotta built up by Gary and can't be more pleased. He also is a dealer for Litespeed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sungchang said:
Any special reason for the recommendation? I will give them a call on Tuesday as they are closed on Sundays and Mondays.

I have purchased 2 bikes from them, most recently a Giant TCR Composite. I have always had good service from them.

·
Registered
266 Posts
lots of places...

We are very fortunate to have no shortage of competent bike mechanics here in the south bay. Let me recommend another, Terry Shaw at Shaw's lightweight cycles in Santa Clara. he can build a bike as well as anyone but also takes care of smaller details like soldering cable ends and such. His rates are also cheaper than most other places around.

Whever you get it built, enjoy the new ride,
G

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
goloso said:
We are very fortunate to have no shortage of competent bike mechanics here in the south bay. Let me recommend another, Terry Shaw at Shaw's lightweight cycles in Santa Clara. he can build a bike as well as anyone but also takes care of smaller details like soldering cable ends and such. His rates are also cheaper than most other places around.

Whever you get it built, enjoy the new ride,
G
Thanks goloso. It's nice to have choices. I did check out Shaw's but his rate seemed a little higher than others, but didn't know about the small details that he provides.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Randall said:
I have purchased 2 bikes from them, most recently a Giant TCR Composite. I have always had good service from them.
Thanks for the info. I will give them a call on Tuesday.

·
Registered
90 Posts
One Man Shop

tmanley said:
Bici Bike on Cottle (near Hwy 85). I bought and had my Serotta built up by Gary and can't be more pleased. He also is a dealer for Litespeed.
Unless you buy the bike/frame from him, he won't build it up for you. He's just doesn't have time since he's a one man shop.

Frogger

·
Registered
266 Posts
What happened to Jerry?

Huh, he still lists it on his website. $150 w/o wheel building.

I hope nothing happend to Jerry. He's a nice guy who can set up a Campi drivetrain like nobody's business.

-G

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's what he told me!

goloso said:
Huh, he still lists it on his website. $150 w/o wheel building.

I hope nothing happend to Jerry. He's a nice guy who can set up a Campi drivetrain like nobody's business.

-G
About a year ago, I asked him to build-up my new Colnago C40. He said he just didn't have time because he's a "one man" shop. Maybe he just didn't like my C40 :confused:

I asked him who would he trust to build-up the C40. He said he liked Slough's, but the owner hates Colnagos, so maybe Shaw's was my best bet.

Frogger

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cupertino Bike Shop it is!

I spoke to few shops and decided to take my bike in to Cupertino Bike Shop. I will let you know how the bike turns out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts