·
Registered
9,079 Posts

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
FatTireFred said:
you can adjust those for skinny tire,
There isn't an adjustment on the Rakk. Just push the bike back in the slot and it holds both skinny and fat tires quickly and easily. They are much more stable than the one that he was looking at. Also the one's he was looking at requires adjusting between fat and skinny tires. If the rack he was looking at was stable enough, then the Rakk would do just fine. The Rakk is also quite a bit heavier and made out or metal rather than plastic.

Just my opinion from owning both. How many on your list have you tried?

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
waterloo said:
I am looking for a small floor stand similar to this one...

https://bellerophon.ntsecure.net/sp...ions_storage_systems/addprod.asp?productid=33

Can anyone recommend a good, small floor stand for skinnier road tires that will hold up my bike without leaning or falling over?

Thanks in advance!

you can adjust those for skinny tire, but in all honesty the are just OK, must be on level ground otherwise can be tippy. you can check out a variety of stands here:
http://aebike.com/page.cfm?PageID=30&action=list&Category=89

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
KJohnson said:
There isn't an adjustment on the Rakk. Just push the bike back in the slot and it holds both skinny and fat tires quickly and easily. They are much more stable than the one that he was looking at. Also the one's he was looking at requires adjusting between fat and skinny tires. If the rack he was looking at was stable enough, then the Rakk would do just fine. The Rakk is also quite a bit heavier and made out or metal rather than plastic.

Just my opinion from owning both. How many on your list have you tried?

settle down beavis... and re-check who I was replying to. In fact, the plastic Grand Stand rack that OP linked does indeed adjust, and is somewhat tippy. I have one and have tried several of those available and in general they are all somewhat unstable on a nonlevel surfaces (i.e., not a concrete garage floor). So just chill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts