Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of the digital photographers out there have a good place to order/print high quality 8x10 or larger prints? I have a small epson photo printer that shoots out good 4x6's, however every now and then I have a picture that I'd like to have a larger print of. Also, how much does a high quality 8x10 or 11x14 cost?

·
Collin's Dad
1,858 Posts
Mpix.com does good quality stuff (they'll mail you a sample of their paper also). Price is probably ~ $3 for an 8x10 I'd guess w/out looking on their website. I think wally world does it for $2.49 or so. You also might have a local photo store that has a website where you can upload and pickup in an hour, or at least they should be able to print it for even if you have to take it down to them.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Jayhawk said:
Any of the digital photographers out there have a good place to order/print high quality 8x10 or larger prints? I have a small epson photo printer that shoots out good 4x6's, however every now and then I have a picture that I'd like to have a larger print of. Also, how much does a high quality 8x10 or 11x14 cost?
My HP Photosmart printer can do photo quality 8x10s as well as 4x6s...you sure your printer can't do bigger prints? For 11x14 or larger you will have to have a specialty printer or go to the local photo place though.

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
Jayhawk said:
Take a look here first:
http://www.smugmug.com/prints/digital-prints.mg

I use SmugMug which uses EZPrints. I've used Costco/Snapfish in the past for quick stuff and they're very good.

·
soy un perdedor
839 Posts
Zeytin asked this a few months ago. Lots of good feedback and I think Mpix.com was the most popular. 8X10 are $3-4 and 11X14 are $6-7 IIRC.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
This brings me back to days working in a high-end photo lab in Seattle. This one guy in the Bellevue store had the biggest collection of nudie photos he had "collected" over the years from various customers. If they only knew that their private photos provided him with so much entertainment! ;) Who's policing these print people to make sure your photos stay private?

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Yep. My HP printer will shoot out nice 8x10's. Especially if you get the photo cartridge. (replaces the black one in most HP printers)

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Kram59 said:
Yep. My HP printer will shoot out nice 8x10's. Especially if you get the photo cartridge. (replaces the black one in most HP printers)
I've found that prints look pretty good even without the photo cartridge as long as you use the photo paper.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Me too. Got a good deal on the photo-cartridge ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts