Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is time for me to say goodbye. I have been hanging out here for a while, but will no longer be an active participant for a while. I may lurk on occasion.

RBR has been great, but all the emails (tons), all the complaints (many), all the scams in the Classifieds (too numerous), all the flame-fests and all the bannings have been too much for me lately.

It's been fun RBR. Don't get me wrong, I have gained some useful information from this site (mostly about key lime pie, tattoos, and Firefox ad blocking). But the work load is just too much for one man.

Goodbye RBR. I'll just cruise off to another chapter in my life.

All kidding aside, I am outta here folks. For a little while, at least.

I'm on a special family-type mission for the next few weeks. It's time to add to the Kato Clan; and dad, mom, and big sis are ready to welcome a new addition to the family! Due date is in about a week, and we're all anxious to welcome the baby boy to the world!

I will be back. Maybe a little more tired, and a lot more sleep deprived.

I leave you all in Francois and the moderators' gentle hands.

-gregg

photo 1.) on a Ventana mtn tandem (B.A. locals, name this trail)
photo 2.) momma on her Juliana (photos taken last summer)
photo 3.) good memories of Kauai
photo 4.) SD gathering (thanks (again) to Len J for the photo)

(Opening prose a parody from Mtbr "Pete" http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=70642 )

·
Non non normal
10,092 Posts
Best of luck with the newest addition.
Are you going to start a name the baby thread in the lounge? We could provide valuable input.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
You almost had me. Fantastic baby news though! Pretty awesome on everything. Also, glad to see mom does so well on a mountainbike. And a nice one at that! Hope to hear from you and any updates over the next couple of weeks.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Good luck with the newborn Gregg. And thanks for all your hard work and effort.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,416 Posts
C-YA on the net.
Don't be a stranger
Don't fall on your a$$
Come back Shane, come back.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
Ridgetop said:
You almost had me.
Moreon! I saw the Pete-y post from a mile away.

No matter how much you continue to lurk or work, thanks for helping! I enjoy both this and MTBR and appreciate the work put in to make the sites successful. I'd probably be struggling to fix my Huffy if it wasn't for MTBR!

Cheers!

Brian

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Good Luck Gregg....

& congrats.

Len

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Congratulations to you and your family! Great news (you had me for a minute too) thanks for all you do, I love this place;-)

S

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
you friggin jerk

You had me there for a minute. I think its time for another photoshop fun with gregg on rollers. Seems like we have some photoshop freaking PROS in here now... none of that whack stuff from back on the day. Could someone unearth that one?

Congrats man, Im not far behind ya in that category.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Congrats and best of luck. Nice little intro;)

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
FREAKING AWESOME GREGG!!!!!!!!!!

wanna see some pics, though.

best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!one~!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Say, I hear that you can get some great $$$ for newborns. Once he clears the BC, stick him on E-Bay. I bet that you could get at least two really awesome WW bikes! ;) :D

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Congrats & best of luck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts