Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Do you want to get sicker?

Well I have done that before. While I was exercising, it felt like the cold went completely away. Once I was home and hours later, it got worse. Now I was like what the heck, it'll go away again. Expect it to get worse. Again. Sooner or later you'll be really sick. >=O

BTW, don't you ever listen to your guardians!? >=O

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,402 Posts
If the cold is confined to your head, then the general rule I've heard is ride away to your tolerance. If it's in your chest, forget it. Rest and enjoy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had a cold last week. Rode on Saturday, but then was able to take a 4 hour nap that afternoon, and get a solid 10 hours of sleep that night (guess my body needed it). Congestion was all but gone the next day.

If you really 'need' a ride, just cruise.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The one time I was sick during the winter and itching to get out on a ride, I figured it might be good to sweat it out. I got about halfway to my normal turnaround point at no more than 70% and couldn't manage it. I went home and sat in the shower (yes, sat) and felt like I was going to pass out for about 15 minutes straight.

Then the next day I felt sicker. Later that week I got a sinus infection.

It's not worth it, eh.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
Do people with missing limbs stop competing in sports?

Okay then. They give me much inspiration to bike everyday.

·
Registered
534 Posts
CleavesF said:
Do people with missing limbs stop competing in sports?

Okay then. They give me much inspiration to bike everyday.
Perhaps, but is one day's ride worth 3 more days of suffering? A few weeks ago I felt like I was getting a cold, but I didn't want to ditch my dad for our weekly ride. I rode, came back, was sick sick by noon. Then it took a week to get really over it. Most of the time if I feel like I did, I can just rest and pop some vitamin C and I'm good the next day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i'll ride the trainer for a slooow ride and see what happens the next day. that way if i'm really done i can just lay on the bed or sofa if i can't finish the ride.

i've also been on mtb rides where i felt fine going to the trailhead. do the ride and on the way home feel really sick...like having a fever. that was back in the college days.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't ride yesterday and I have some chills now. The weather is beautiful again. I might sit through the weekend also..... Did you all hear that the Meet the Press guy died of a heart attack today? He was 58 y.o.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.