Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got A new (used Really) Giant TCR Carbon Comp, with the T-Mobile paint Job. On the left and Right chain stay it has Shimano Decals under the clear coat. Shimano is great stuff, but I want to use a Campagnolo Record/ Chorus mix. I am not going to remove the Shimano markings. However I am looking for idea's on how to play off/ poke fun at the fact that the frame is a Team Replica for a team with Shimano sponsorship, and I am running Italy’s Finest. I have thought making decals to go fore or aft of said Shimano decal such as "Shimano Sucks", little to childish, "Not Shimano" for fun. I have alot of free time to think while riding and I like Shimano and I like Campagnolo.

Please recommend idea's on what to with shimano decal's.
Do not Recommend Shimano Groupo (had it like it use it on other bikes)
Do not flame each other for likes of any group from any country.....

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
You can apply Holy Water (aka, Eddie Merckx' urine) to the decals, and they will become terribly deformed, emit a sickening high pitched sound like that let out by souls condemned to watch Survivor for eternity, and then turn to dust and fall off the bike, never again to soil sacred Campy ground.

That's what I'd do.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
How 'bout a decal that says, "Usta be" in front of the Shimano?

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
just add "less" to the end of each decal.
done and done

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
you could just add a t(with an optional exclamation point or two).

Shimanot!!

my ciocc has a shimano sticker (and a campy sticker) that I put on it back in the day....aargh. The only shimano components on it are downtube shifters (the old dura ace 6 speed that I use in friction mode) and my bottom bracket fixed cup, adjustable cup and lock ring (mated with campy spindle and bearings). At the time I thought the shimano and campy stickers were cool...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a Trek carbon frame built with Campy. I just wrapped electrical tape around the stay. Looks like one of those chain stay guards, but it serves a better function by concealing the word Shimano. Not exactly funny, but effective.

TB

·
Bike Dude
986 Posts
chain protectors

I've seen some nice Campy labeled stay protectors. If it's wide enough couldn't you use one on each side? The ones I've seen were satin black.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Covered by Campy

I have seen a thin, black vinyl chain protector that has a simulated carbon weave and "Campagnolo" in white letters. They would fit right over those ShimaNo decals.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
SantaCruz said:
I have seen a thin, black vinyl chain protector that has a simulated carbon weave and "Campagnolo" in white letters. They would fit right over those ShimaNo decals.
And the simulated carbon weave would fit right in with the whole concept. - TF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts