Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Homeowner Finds Alligator On Doorstep

POSTED: 1:09 pm EST March 23, 2006

BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. -- So now the alligators are going door to door.

A Florida woman heard someone knocking at the door of her home in Bonita Springs this week. When she looked out, she saw an 8-foot alligator.

Lori Pachelli said the bull gator had a bloody lip from banging its head against the door.

It apparently had wandered up from the pond behind her house. She said it may have followed her home from walking her dog.

The gator remained at the door for about an hour before going back into the water, where a trapper later captured it.

The trapper said it's not unusual to find male alligators in interesting places this time of year since it's breeding season.

:D

Hey FL Loungers, got any funny gator stories?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
LOL good stuff. gators git all horny and follow pups home and like that. :rolleyes: this, after the raccoon upstairs deal, forget it. this board is too much. you guys are gettin' me all freaked-out and like that...Teh J's is going to have to remove the steering wheel from his pants and etc. :rolleyes:

um, what?

·
Poseur
1,677 Posts
More like wtf?

I remember reading in the paper about a gator that was run over on I75 not too far from here. Seems that a "senior citizen"(ok, it's Florida, there's one or two here) only thought it was a log across the road.

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One mornin, durin rush hour ....

... i was cutting thru the Saints & Sinners Golf course in PSL, FL ....

I was behind a lady in a big car when she stopped for no apparent reason. Well after craining my neck out the window to see what was going on, I saw that there was about an 8' gator crawlin accross the road from one water hazard to another ...

Well he took his good ole time about it, the road was warm, and he wasn't in any particular hurry ...so he laid down a while .... blocking off the entire lane. I figured we were in for a wait, so I cranked up the tunes and chilled.

Well after about 5 min of this, the lady starts getting really fidgety. She's blowin her horn, and waving her arm out the window ... that gator isn't budgin ...:D ...he's happy

She steps out of her car onto the road in high heels and a skirt and starts steppin out towards that gator, she's the very picture of determination .... I am thinking uh-oh, this is gonna be interesting (having previously had an up close & personal with a 5 footer) ....so I open the door and lean out to watch ....

Well she goes chargin around the front of her car, arms pumping and just fixin to shoo that gator off the road so she can be on her way ... well she gets about a stride or two out in front of her car towards that gator and he snaps his head towards her, lunges, and lets loose with the loudest hiss you ever heard ....

that woman almost broad jumped over her car getting back inside ...she may have left her high heels up there with the gator ... her eyes got big as mellons ... :eek:

the gator didn't budge

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Bet she had to change her pantyhose after that.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts