Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am used to Shimano (DA9 on one bike and U9 on another) I may not like the thumbshifters but if I do, I am already thinking of swapping out the Veloce group to the Chorus group (fr and rr der, cranks, shifters, cassette, chain) as this frame is worthy of higher end Campy parts. I may go with Mavic brakes and researching for a different set of wheels (tops on list are the Eurus or Neuvations R28 Aero or R28 SL). For stock wheels, the Mix has Veloce hubs laced to Colnago Balance rims and I have no idea how good and durable these will be. Any recs from all of you Campy veterans? Thanks and Ride ON!!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
sounds like a nice rig. Don't give up on the veloce, as it is a fine and dependable set up. Remember, with Campagnolo's trickle down technology, today's veloce was once chorus a few years earlier. As for wheels, I've got mavic K's, '04 eurus, and several sets of locally built wheels. I was in a shop last week and saw the mechanic building up a bike with the new '06 eurus. Nice. Campagnolo looks like they've taken the good aspects of the eurus and combined them with the good features of the ksyrium.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts