Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been looking for a bike for about a year now and since I'm really picky I was waiting for "The One." I walked into a LBS one state and 2 hours away to check out an Orbea B105 . However once I was in the doors there was a beautiful Pinarello FPquattro, British Cycling Federation Edition- we'll get back to this. I continued to try out the Orbea it was alright, but there wasn't any magic to be had, it didn't make me feel alive. I took it back and it was as if owner had been reading my mind, the FPQ was sitting there waiting for me to test ride.
about thirty seconds into the test ride it was game over, I had fallen in love. So without further rambling here she is. View attachment 277247 View attachment 277250 View attachment 277249

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice bike. I have an Orbea Onix with Dura Ace/Ultegra. It's nice bike. Recently bought a Pinarello. There is no comparison. You made a great choice. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice bike. I have an Orbea Onix with Dura Ace/Ultegra. It's nice bike. Recently bought a Pinarello. There is no comparison. You made a great choice. Enjoy it!
Riding both bikes back to back I noticed a night and day difference. The pina was smoother and felt right, I have no complaints about it. I'm still waiting for my new shoes to show up so I can actually get some saddle time!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Beautiful bike, great choice in both finish and form!!!! You're obviously very smart, intuitive, probably irresistible to women, envied by the rich and powerful, absolutely top-drawer A-list.

Of course, I might be biased! :D

Seriously, congrats, hope you're as happy as I am with mine!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beautiful bike, great choice in both finish and form!!!! You're obviously very smart, intuitive, probably irresistible to women, envied by the rich and powerful, absolutely top-drawer A-list.

Of course, I might be biased! :D

Seriously, congrats, hope you're as happy as I am with mine!
I can't tell from your avatar, but it appears that you might have the same bike? If so I can see how you figured my personality out so quickly! ;)

Gorgeous bike. Now you need to learn a few italian words to really mess with the Trek pilots out there.
I use to work for an Italian restaurant in my younger years, and they played "Learn Italian" CDs in the lobby: I can say a few words.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you are looking for a sturdy set consider Boyd alloys or Mavic Kysrium.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the suggestions and warm welcome, Fellas! I'll take a look into all of them. My next move is to ditch the Rival crank and go with Force or Red. I have a feeling my foot will be rubbing the crank arm.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yep, same bike Twisted! Was hoping you'd notice the av....seriously, congrats on your new ride!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.