Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything I should look for here?

I have one dust shield, wavy washer, drive, and non drive side spacers, crank arms, spider, and spline axle with locking bolts, and crank washers.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got the spindle. Ordered spare bearing shields, and spacers just in case, Thanks!

According to the exploded view diagrams I've seen those would be the only things missing. I'm re-using my bearings (currently installed Sram Red BB30 bearings)- cant afford ceramic yet, plus ceramic has a short lifespan.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Did you have regular Hollowgrams on your supersix before this? If so, you probably have a 104mm spindle...

You do not need the 109 spindle to use SISL2's, if you have a 104 hollowgram spindle, you can certainly use it. If you don't have either and want to get the 109, you'll use your 109 SPECIFIC spacers as the spindle has no NDS lip like the 104. If you decide on the 104 (which is actually lighter), then you need the typical 2 bearing shields and plastic spacers with wave washer.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Trauma, I was hoping you'd chime in.
Currently my Supersix has the Cannondale/Sram red carbon cranks on it. I wasn't too sure as to which parts would be reused with the swap, hence my original question.
I believe it has the 109 mm spindle, since it is the one with the hollow splines. Good thing I ordered new dust shields, and the plastic spacers then. I was reading that you shouldn't use more than 3 spacers total.... But, at least it has the drive and non-drive side spacers, and the wavy washer.
Worse case, now that you've enlightened me a bit, I may get the 104mm spindle later on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.