Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boss rounded the corner quicker-than-expected and quieter-than-expected and caught me doing some cleanup shaving of my legs. I 'spose it coulda been worse.:hand: If you get my drift.

I stammered something like, "but but but all ssssserious cyclists do this cuz it mmmmmakes us faster." I hope he bought it. Wouldn't have this stinkin problem if my reading glasses didn't steam up in the shower. Oh, the shame!

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
there's a coworker 3 cubes down who's always trimming his nails.

Weirds me out...

Dude, at least go to the john to do that!

·
Large Suburban Male
3,599 Posts
Argentius said:
there's a coworker 3 cubes down who's always trimming his nails.

Weirds me out...

Dude, at least go to the john to do that!
There used to be a woman who sat dead center in our low walled cube farm. She would put her foot on her desk and clip her nails. I thought she was kind of hideous before I saw that. After, I do everything I can to avoid her.

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My office is pretty private. My boss' sits opposite me and I knew he wasn't in there. For him to pop in quickly never happens. Until now.

It was just a 20 second cleanup. Just hike up the pant leg slightly. I guess it's sorta wierd to begin with.

Please embarrass me more. Or tell me of your gotcha moments. This is the lounge afterall.

·
Ethical Nihilist
1,068 Posts
In case your boss did not say this, that needed to be said, let me say it for him/her---

"shaving yours legs at work, eh? Lets see how well you did. Gimme a feel"

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
You can keep your glasses from steaming up in the shower by running them under the water for a few seconds. It warms up the lenses so you don't get condensation.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
fast ferd said:
My boss rounded the corner quicker-than-expected and quieter-than-expected and caught me doing some cleanup shaving of my legs. I 'spose it coulda been worse. If you get my drift.
Could definitely have been worse. I had almost the exact same thing happen while I was sitting at my desk doing some maintenance waxing on my bikini area. Fortunately, I didn't miss a beat and just asked him if he could yank the strips for me (total code).

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Who keeps a razor in the office?

This is the dumbest thing I've read all day, and that's saying something because most of my day has been wasted dealing with our Finance Department.

·
Large Suburban Male
3,599 Posts
fast ferd said:
My office is pretty private. My boss' sits opposite me and I knew he wasn't in there. For him to pop in quickly never happens. Until now.

It was just a 20 second cleanup. Just hike up the pant leg slightly. I guess it's sorta wierd to begin with.

Please embarrass me more. Or tell me of your gotcha moments. This is the lounge afterall.
My worst gotcha at work was when I farted in the bathroom, and a couple of my coworkers were there.

But I was in the john, not at my desk.

·
Registered
403 Posts
What are his hobbies?

See if there's a big forum for it.

Then see if it has a lounge.

Look for "OMG WTF walked into my employee shaving his legs" post.

·
I like Chicken
1,403 Posts
At least you hadn't plopped the twig and berries on the desk for
a quick touch up....

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
So, you were caught pulling your pants up and stroking your legs? That's the gist right?

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Fwiw, you have no skill.

I say this because I managed to get away with this while in High School:

Sitting at the back of class (we just had 2 or 3 rows where the tables were all together), my legs were pretty darned sore from track practice the day before (or something like that).

So, I still had my shorts underneath my pants. What did I do? I managed to pull my pants down, apply some muscle heating rub to my hamstrings and calves, still sit down, and then later pull my pants back up.

All without getting caught by anyone from the front rows and to the hysterical laughter of my buddies seated in the same row.

Oh and, our classroom had 2 doors (front and back) so people were walking past the back door too but no one caught me.

That is all. :D

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
not as bad as when the boss walked in on me yakkin in the trash can after a bender, no wonder i'm unemployed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts