Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got done at the bike shop....test road the "Allez" in a 58cm bike which is a size to small, so I was a bit cramped on it but I did a quick 5 miles on it and it felt pretty good.

Giant is out, Im to long in the Torso for their bikes with the compact frames.

dealer isn't sure he can get his hands on an 08 allez he has 20 cannondale's but didn't have any in stock to build for me to ride. so I'm going to call a few other dealers to see if I can test ride a CAAD9 bike.

this bike shop keeps impressing me, told he me didn't care if I bought the bike somewhere else, still bring it to him and they'd fit me to it, he gave me about 5 shop names for other cannondale dealers to go see if they had any. top notch guy.

so now the plan is to see if I can find a CAAD9 and get a test ride on that...I plan on commuting with this bike and the guy said the allez will definitely be a smoother ride and not as bumpy.

Chad

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zbikes in Davie, FL

www.zbikes.net

I found a 58cm CAAD9 so Im going to go test it out tomorrow to compare it to the allez...best I can do until 2009's come out, and I'm not to keen to wait for them with the 20% price increase....

I'll update tom when I ride the CAAD.

Chad

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so went to the bike shop that told me they had a CAAD9 instock! joyous great news....

well I get there and it was a CAAD8 DOH.

so to make the trip worthwhile they had a Scott S30 in a 60cm that they built and let me test ride...man was that thing ****ING SWEET! it actually FIT! bike was insane. weighed in just under 20 pounds.

If I can't ride a cannondale...im buying that bike. had better components as well and it was the same price!

I really want to ride the god damn caad 9.

well the shop just called me informing me they have a veloce spec'd caad8 for 1300....its a 2005 model bike.good/bad?

Chad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.