Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

221 - 240 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
'16 Lynskey Urbano

Just got my new Urbano frame. Having trouble deciding how I want to build it out. Only had enough money for 1 frame so this will be my do all. Hoping to have a road wheelset, and a wheelset for gravel/dirt/etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
R240

IMG_1484.jpg

My new (to me) R240, just been washed. Took it on the inaugural significant ride today--33 miles over and around Mt. Tam in Marin County, California. Rode like a dream. Thrilled.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Oh ya! Another beautiful Lynskey in the mountains Nice!

·
Registered
6 Posts
2015 r140

Finally put this baby together! Couple of short rides, but so far it has been great. Very smooth ride, even when compared to my BMC Granfondo 02 with HED Ardennes. The fact that you don't see this around that much is also very cool! Loving it!

IMG_3839.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lynskey Urbano

Got my Lynskey Urbano put together about 2 months ago. Built it with a SRAM Force 1X group, Whisky No. 9 fork, and Brooks saddle. I've only got about 200 miles on it, but I love it!

I wanted a bike that could do everything short of technical trails and this thing has delivered. Did a 50 mile route this week with road, gravel, crushed stone, dirt, and mud. No issues!

20160602_112824.jpg

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
just completed - break away Lynskey R150

Built it as a do-everything bike. wide gearing, with 40 tooth cog and Wolf der adaptor. Gator Hardshell tires for some gravel. Ultegra 11. The usual stuff I like on it too. Break away frame to fit in std size luggage case for flying to europe and wherever.

Comes in a bit heavy at 21 lbs. I have a Sram Red group I could have put on it, but that would only save maybe a 1lb, so I think she'll be fine. I also like a very rugged bike, hence the Ti and not much carbon.

40T cog for some of the 15-20% climbs here and overseas

S&S couplers, and cable separators. I also got the S&S regular luggage size travel case for it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
just completed - break away Lynskey R150

Built it as a do-everything bike. wide gearing, with 40 tooth cog and Wolf der adaptor. Gator Hardshell tires for some gravel. Ultegra 11. The usual stuff I like on it too. Break away frame to fit in std size luggage case for flying to europe and wherever.

Comes in a bit heavy at 21 lbs. I have a Sram Red group I could have put on it, but that would only save maybe a 1lb, so I think she'll be fine. I also like a very rugged bike, hence the Ti and not much carbon.

40T cog for some of the 15-20% climbs here and overseas

S&S couplers, and cable separators. I also got the S&S regular luggage size travel case for it.

I have to ask, is installing the Roadlink the only modification that you did to fit the 40 tooth cog. Also, what size size chain rings are you running? I am getting ready to build another gravel bike, and am looking into this set up.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I have to ask, is installing the Roadlink the only modification that you did to fit the 40 tooth cog. Also, what size size chain rings are you running? I am getting ready to build another gravel bike, and am looking into this set up.
Medium cage derailleur probably also necessary. And longer chain of course (use any links left over from your last chain change, if you have it

I am running 50-34 up front

It is much easier to put on a 32T cassette of course. even with a short cage der and 50-34 it works fine on my wife's bike.

put the 40t to use yesterday on one tough climb too. Not moving slower, just higher cadence which is more comfy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Medium cage derailleur probably also necessary. And longer chain of course (use any links left over from your last chain change, if you have it

I am running 50-34 up front

It is much easier to put on a 32T cassette of course. even with a short cage der and 50-34 it works fine on my wife's bike.

put the 40t to use yesterday on one tough climb too. Not moving slower, just higher cadence which is more comfy

Thanks, I'm starting with all new parts for the build, so ordering the medium cage and using uncut chain. I'm thinking of using a 11-36 cassette to how it works for me. Presently I have the a 11-32, but want the lower gears on the gravel bike for some bigger/steeper climbs that I plan on using it for.

·
Registered
21 Posts
@BCSaltchucker, looks nice... is that the Sport Carbon fork? What tire size do you have on there? I'm spec'ing out a Lynskey and came across a comment about the Sport Carbon fork (Chain Reaction website) where someone said a 25mm GP4000s tire wouldn't fit, even though Lynskey's spec is to fit up to 28c tires. Since this is my favorite tire, it would be a bit of a deal breaker for me, although I like the look of the fork.

·
Registered
2 Posts
IMG_0567.jpg

Done! Completed the build on a Rouleur frameset last week. One long ride in, I love, love, love this bike.

Full Ultegra
Thomson Elite Stem/Post
Ritchey EvoMax Bars
Brooks Cambium C15
H+Son Archetype/Ultegra Wheelset
Conti Grand Prix Classics

221 - 240 of 280 Posts